Sunday, November 10, 2013

Building confidence with color

I've been noticing a lot of gray and gold lately...


Gray and gold bedding (http://www.decorpad.com)
Gray and gold living room
Inspired by these interior designs, I decided to try gray and gold together in an outfit:


Gold skirt: $4.99 (Goodwill)
Gray blazer: 5.99 (Plato's Closet)
Gray boots: $15.99 (amazon.com)

I was quite pleased with the results, and surprisingly, I got so many compliments... most of them reactions to the color combination. Now, I feel like I have the confidence to continue to experiment with more fun color combinations.     

What color combinations do you love?

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I loved your outfit today. l am glad this inspired you.

      Delete
  2. Love the gray and gold! Love the blazer! Love the skirt!

    I'm a particular fan of Orange & Dark Purple. Really fantastic color combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love purple and orange, too. I have a lot of purple and orange pieces, but I don't think I have ever worn them together. Time to revisit my closet. Thanks for the inspiration!

      Delete